These are all titles of songs but I have added or replaced one or more letter in one word to change it to that of an animal.
The clues in brackets relate to the original song.
This popular edible fish is the only one with the answer (Clue: A big hit by the Beach Boys in 1966).
Answer: “Cod only knows”
Look at the riddles below and see if you can guess the new ‘animal’ song titles.
1. Song about an ancient rodent needing a bit of care and attention (clue: This song from 1954 was a hit for Shaking Stevens in 1980)
2. This reptile has a magic touch with a certain arcade game (Clue: hHit song by The Who from their Album -“Tommy’)
3. It’s this nocturnal bird or zilch! (Clue: a hit by the Small Faces in 1967)
4. Someone left the songbird out in the rain ! (Clue: Sung by Richard Harris in 1968)
5. “The Jam” sang about the global impact of these pond dwelling amphibians (Clue : Released in 1983)
6. This tiny pond dwelling fish had aspirations to become a popular novelist (Clue: recorded by the Beatles in 1966)
7. This type of woman can get into your flour and destroy crops (Clue: Song by E.L.O. from 1975)
8. This aquatic mammal is real hot stuff! (Clue: Hit by Julie Driscoll & The Brian Auger Trinity in 1968)
9. A reptile gets out of that kitchen and rattles those pots and pans! (Clue: Hit for Bill Bailey and The Comets in 1954)
10. Dad’s really hip having recently acquired a nocturnal winged mammal (Clue: Hit by James Brown in 1965)
11. This large Elk challenges the ban on dancing in his local town (Clue: Song from film starring Kevin Bacon in 1984)
12. I really really want this marsupial (Clue: Hit by The Spice Girls in 1996)
13. Attempting to commute to Birkenhead using this relative of the polecat (Clue: Hit song by Gerry & The Pacemakers in 1964)
14. Snoopy joins the army and really swings when he blows that horn (Clue: Originally sang by The Andrews Sisters in 1941)
15. Don’t worry, there’s a nice piece of flatfish on the menu (Clue: Song from West Side Story)
16. Ramshackle home for these birds of peace (Clue: Hit from the B52s in 1989)
17. Is the small armoured mammal in this direction? (Clue: Tony Christie in 1971)
18. This warty amphibian isn’t going anywhere? (Clue: Song by Talking Heads, 1985)
19. Cockneys love this stewed meaty dish with their talkative feathered friends (Clue: Popular music Hall song from 1909)
20. A place by the shore populated by small green lizards (Clue: Song by Martha and The Muffins, 1980)
21. Almost a hundred brightly coloured monkeys (Clue: International hit song by Nena in 1983)
22. Amphibian on the river in Newcastle (Clue: Song by Lindisfarne, 1971)
24. Small rodents repeated darling (Clue: Song by Vanilla Ice, 1990)
25. He wanted these bright red apes as a fashion accessory for his daughter (Clue: Originally sung by Jo Stafford in 1949, later version by Harry Belafonte)
26. This predatory fish has an urge to scratch (Clue: Song by The Small Faces, 1967)
All quiz content by Allan Williams