Website Privacy Notice
INSIDEOUT COMMUNITY | Registered Charity Number: 1136104 | email@example.com | 01473 563900 |
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site http://www.insideoutcommunity.com
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
INSIDE OUT COMMUNITY is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
INSIDE OUT COMMUNITY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inside Out Community
Eastern Angles Centre, Gatacre Road, Ipswich IP1 2LQ
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Client Data that includes information provided to us by NHS trusts and voluntary organisations to find placements within our community. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case is to provide therapeutic art workshops
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to inform you of our workshop details and other events you might be interested in. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests to continue to maintain and grow our community.
- Sensitive Data that includes data about your race, ethnic origin, religion, health and sexual orientation. This data is collected anonymously with an exception to data collected regarding participants taking part in our Creative Mentoring Programme. Health data may be collected regarding the participants of the Creative Mentoring Programme, this is used to assess the suitability of the participants involvement in the Programme and taken only from the participant with their explicit consent. We process this data to evaluate the breadth and effectiveness of our service and to show our value to our funders. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interest which in this case is to monitor, evaluate and improve our services. Our specific condition for processing sensitive data is that it is carried out in the course of our legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards and on condition that the processing relates solely to the participant of the Inside Out Community and that the personal data are not disclosed outside the Inside Out Community without the consent of the data subjects.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by sending us emails, or by completing our monitoring and evaluating forms in person, or by completing our online forms).
We may receive data from third parties such as NHS trusts and voluntary organisations.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground for processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our Community).
However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as attending one of our workshops
- THIRD PARTIES
We use a third party provider, Hubspot, to send our member and Marketing Communications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve the services we provide. See our data protection policy for more information on how we use Hubspot and store data collected.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Organisations we are working with to provide you our services.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and trustees who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- DATA PROCESSORS
We use a third party data processor software (Hubspot) who provide our CRM system and marketing communications. We have an agreements in place with Hubspot. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
- THIRD-PARTY LINK
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We have now filled the provision of places we currently have available for Creative Mentoring. If you would be interested in being added to a waiting list please email: email@example.com.
Our creative mentoring programme offers one-to-one sessions for people who don’t feel ready to be part of a group or find it hard to get out.