‘Cell’ by Jill Frost
- In ‘Forest Collage’ I was inspired by a painting – “Cell” by Jill Frost.
- Stage 1– I took a piece of cardboard and I ripped it to reveal the corrugated texture inside.
- Stage 2 & 3 – For the ground texture and foliage I took some brown paper (the sort you now get as packing in parcels instead of bubble wrap) which I crumpled and then flattened out again.
- Stage 4 – I then cut shapes out to resemble tree trunks receding into the distance.
- Stage 5 – I then stuck the wrinkled paper down and cut some other pieces of cardboard for the foreground tree trunks.
‘Forest Collage’ – stages gallery by Allan Williams
The whole picture is made from recycled cardboard and paper.
‘Forest Collage’ by Allan Williams
‘Collage Landscape’ by Allan Williams
‘Cabbage Tree’ collage by Allan Williams
I hope you feel inspired to have a go at this at home. You could base your collage on a painting, a photograph of a favourite landscape or simply invent your own landscape – have fun!